The major benefit of water coolers or water dispenser is continuous access to clean and cold water. But the best bottom load water cooler has a big advantage over top load water coolers. You don’t have to lift the heavy water bottle and fix it on top of your dispenser.
In addition, top loading takes more space as it requires more head room. Most importantly, these water coolers are more elegant because the water bottle will be hidden at the base of the dispenser.
For people who are interested in bottom load coolers, this article gives a brief review on 10 great water coolers that should be in your consideration list whenever you want to buy your water dispenser.
Our Picks of 10 Best Bottom Load Water Cooler:
1. Avalon A4BLWTRCLR water cooler
This water cooler is not only sleek, it is also elegant. Its color combination boosts the elegance and that is why you can’t just catch a glimpse of the product and not take the second look. BY virtue of its sleek design, it can be used at home, at the office, and in your store.
You can get three temperature settings. You can get your water piping hot, you can get it crisp cold, and you can get it in room temperature.
The choice is completely yours. If you have a toddler at home, you don’t have to worry about your baby getting himself burnt while fiddling with the spout because it has a child safety feature that makes it impossible for toddler to use it.
- The water cooler is stylish, sleek, and elegant.
- It offers water in three different temperatures.
- It comes with a child safety feature.
- With its built-in night light, its spouts will be very visible in the night.
- Since its bottom loading, there is no need to lift any heavy water bottle to the top of the dispenser.
- It has an indicator that alerts you when the bottle is empty. This saves you the stress of opening the bottom to monitor the quantity of water in the bottle.
- It has push button spouts.
- It heats water up to 185°F and cools your water down to 47°F.
2. Primo Stainless Steel Cool Water Cooler
This is another dispenser that attracts potential buyers first with its attractive look before other features. You’ll love its drip tray that prevents water from dropping on the floor while in use.
The cooler dispenses piping-hot water, cool water, and ice-cold water anytime. Its push button makes it convenient for you to get water from it.
That also means your baby can dispense water when nobody is watching? Yes and no. Yes, all the baby has to do is press any of the push buttons.
No, because you can use the child-lock feature that makes it impossible for any toddler to use the push button. Plus, you’ll enjoy one year limited warranty when you buy this water cooler.
- Primo stainless steel water cooler is made of stainless steel so it is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It comes with 1-year warranty.
- It offers a child lock feature.
- It weighs 38.4 pounds.
- It dispenses water in three different temperatures.
- It takes up to 5 gallons of water.
- Its push button spouts are very convenient to use.
- It is sleek and stylish.
3. Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Bottom Loading Water Cooler
The auto-clean feature is what distinguishes this water dispenser from others. You won’t need to worry about slime buildup because it cleans itself regularly. You’ll also like its stainless steel body that adds beauty to your apartment and also makes it more durable.
It supports both 3-gallon and 5-gallon bottles. Its cold water is about 9°F colder than what many other dispensers offer. Its hot water is also very hot. It is hot enough for tea. The unbreakable faucets that come with the dispenser are also worthy of mention.
- This water cooler is very durable.
- It works with both 3-gallon and 5-gallon water bottles.
- It cleans itself automatically.
- Its body is made of stainless steel for durability.
- It cools water 9°F more than many other water dispensers.
- It weighs 41 pounds.
- Its faucets are unbreakable.
- It has front light for easy visibility.
4. OKVAC Water Cooler Dispenser
The fact that this dispenser spouts water that is colder than your refrigerated water will make you think that its bottom cabinet is a refrigerator.
This is not the case. It’s just the superior technology of the cooler that makes it supply cooler water. Although this is a top loading dispenser, its superior features brought it into this list.
- The dispenser is a top loading dispenser.
- It comes with 2 spouts.
- Its hot water spout has a child safety lock.
- There are 3 indicators.
- Its cold water temperature is 5-10℃
- Its hot water temperature is 85-95℃
- It is suitable for both 3-gallon and 5-gallon water bottles.
- It is super-quiet.
5. Primo Bottom Loading Water Cooler
This is another Primo dispenser on this list. It means the brand is a force to reckon with in the water cooler manufacture industry.
However, you may not like the idea of having only one spout. Which means two people cannot take water from it at the same time.
It has a drip tray that prevents water from dripping on the floor. The dispenser also dispenses water in three temperatures. Weighing only 38.4 pounds makes it easy to move around.
The base has enough space for both 3-gallon and 5-gallon bottles. Most importantly, the product comes with 1-year limited warranty.
- It offers a child lock feature.
- The product is visually appealing and will give your apartment a facelift.
- Its single spout is controlled by a push button.
- It’s suitable for both 3-gallon and 5-gallon bottles.
- It has the ability to dispense water in three different temperatures.
- It weighs only 38.4 pounds.
- The dispenser comes with 1-year warranty.
- It is made of stainless steel.
6. Brio Bottom Load Hot, Cold & Room Water Cooler
Having three different spouts means up to three people can take water into their cups without waiting for each other. Like others, its hot water spout is protected with a child safety feature that prevents a toddler from being able to turn on hot water. To make it more convenient, it has three indicators.
One notifies you when hot water is ready. The second one for cold water and the third indicator is for bottle replacement.
It’s 41-inch tall and 2½ -inch wide so it does not consume much space. The water bottle is placed at the base so it also saves head room like the other bottom load coolers. You’ll get hot, cool, and very cold water instantly from the same dispenser.
- The dispenser has a stainless steel cabinet door.
- It has three temperature modes.
- It comes with three spouts that operate differently.
- The hot water spout is protected with a child safety feature.
- It is 41-inch tall and 2½ -inch wide.
- A light indicator tells you when the bottle is due for replacement.
- Another indicator tells you when either hot or cold water is ready.
- It has a removable drip tray.
7. Primo hTRiO Bottom Loading Water Cooler
Like all the other Primo dispensers, this one also comes with 1-year limited warranty. For easy cleaning, its drip tray is removable and it is dishwasher safe. Its cabinet is big enough for both 3-gallon bottle and 5-gallon bottle. With K-Cup pod, it can brew 6, 8, and 10oz of beverage.
Depending on your immediate choice, it can dispense piping hot water and ice-cold water. For coffee lovers, this dispenser comes with a reusable coffee filter.
Its stainless steel water reservoir is durable because it is resistant to rust, scratch, and corrosion. There is a child-safety lock for the hot water spout and it is UL certified.
- The dispenser comes with 1-year limited warranty.
- It has a removable drip tray that is dishwasher safe.
- It is UL certified and energy star rated.
- Its water reservoir is made of stainless steel.
- It comes with a reusable coffee filter.
- Its spouts run fast and fill cups in seconds.
- It dispenses both piping hot water and ice-cold water.
- Since it is a bottom load cooler, there’s no need for lifting heavy bottle of water to the top.
8. Hamilton Beach Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
First of all, it is important to let you know that this dispenser is currently unavailable. However, it could return to the market or you may get a used one. With that being said, let’s get down to its features.
The dispenser is in the league of tri-temperature water dispensers. You can get your hot, cold, and room temperature water from this dispenser.
Its push buttons makes usage very convenient. For easy cleaning, its drip tray is removable.
You don’t have to open the cabinet to find out if the bottle is empty because it has an indicator that will notify you on that. The hot water spout has a child safety lock so you can use it with peace of mind.
- The dispenser is very easy to use and clean.
- Its push buttons allow for convenience.
- There is an indicator light that notifies you when the bottle is empty.
- Its child safety lock prevents your baby from burning herself with hot water.
- Its drip tray is removable for easy cleaning.
- It dispenses cold, hot, and room temperature water.
- Its bottom load design eliminates the stress of lifting heavy bottles.
- It is very easy to set it up.
9. Avalon A6 Bottom Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
This dispenser is magnificent in the day and even more stylish in the night when its front light is on. The light makes it very easy for you to see the spouts in the night and it adds a touch of class to your apartment.
You can get very cold water down to 47°F and you can also get very hot water up to 185°F from the dispenser.
It is highly energy efficient so it is UL and energy star certified. There’s a filter indicator light that comes on whenever the filter is due for replacement. Like all other water coolers of this caliber, it also has a child-lock on the hot water spout.
- The dispenser weighs 42 pounds.
- Its hot water spout has a child safety feature that prevents children from being able to dispense hot water.
- It dispenses both piping hot water and crisp cold water.
- It is UL certified.
- It is also energy star rated.
- There is an indicator that notifies you if the filter is due for replacement.
- It has a front light for easy visibility in the night.
- At $240.57, it is quite expensive.
10. Glacial Stainless Self Cleaning Water Cooler
This is another water dispenser that is currently unavailable. It could be out of production or it could re-appear in the market. No one is sure. However, you could be lucky enough to run into a used one that is still in good condition. So, you can check its features.
This dispenser has an all-stainless steel exterior with chrome-nickel plated trim. This is why its sleekness as well as its style makes it a showpiece in any kitchen or office. You can’t possibly miss it wherever it is placed.
It cleans itself several times every day with reactive oxygen technology. So, you don’t have to worry about buildup of slime. It has the ability to produce 1.6 gallons of ice cold water in one hour. It can also produce up to 1.4 gallons of piping hot water within an hour too.
- The dispenser has been designed to clean itself several times a day.
- It produces up to 1.6 gallons of crisp cold water in 1 hour.
- It also produces up to 1.4 gallons of hot water within the same period.
- The water cooler is stylish and elegant.
- It weighs 44.5 pounds.
- The product is currently not available in the market.
- It has an all-stainless steel body.
- It is suitable for 5-gallon water bottle.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Bottom Load Water Cooler?
When it comes to choosing a good bottom load water cooler, there are several factors to consider. There are so many brands and models and they all come with different features.
They also come at different prices too. Unfortunately, the ones with the highest prices are not always the best. So, you should not just pick anyone at random. This is why you should consider this guide.
1. Consider the space you have
Of course, it is a great idea to go for a big water dispenser with a huge reservoir but what about the space you have in your kitchen? The space you have should determine your choice.
You don’t need a dispenser that will consume a large chunk of your office space or kitchen space. So, measure the width and height of the space you have preserved for the dispenser. The space will guide you in choosing the size of your dispenser.
2. Availability of 3 temperature modes
Even though most people buy water coolers because of cold water, it is great to have the one that can also produce piping hot water and room temperature water. So, you should look out for this feature before you make financial commitment on any water dispenser.
3. Having multiple spouts is a great idea
Some dispensers have a single spout while others have either 2 or 3. The more the spout, the more expensive it can be. If you have a spouse and kids, it is better to go for the dispenser with multiple spouts so that 2 people can be able to take water without waiting for each other.
However, if you live alone, you should be okay with a single-spout dispenser. Buying the one with 3 spouts will be a waste of money since it’ll cost more. You don’t need to pay for features you don’t need.
4. Availability of front light
If you wake up often to take some tea or water in the night, it is very important that your water cooler has front light that makes its faucets very visible in the night. The light will also shine on your cup so you’ll know when it’s full.
Turning on the light in your kitchen because you want to take water from the dispenser is not so impressive. So, it is important to buy the one that comes with front light.
5. Bottle replacement indicator is necessary
These are bottom load coolers and their bottles are hidden in their bottom cabinet. So you’ll have to keep opening the cabinet to check the water level or wait until water no longer runs from the spouts.
To avoid that, you should make sure your dispenser has an indicator that will alert you when the bottle is due for replacement. That way, you won’t need to keep bending down to open the cabinet just to check if the bottle is due for replacement or not.
6. Read reviews
Before buying any water dispenser or any product at all, it is important to read all the necessary reviews. There’s no way you can confirm the durability of any water cooler by just looking at it.
You can only check reviews posted by people that have used the product. It is also important to remind you that even good products get some bad reviews. This is normal. It becomes a problem when the bad reviews are more than the good ones.
Manufacturers and advertisers will only list out positive features of their products and not the bad ones. You can only get the bad reviews from users.
7. Consider the cost
Everyone has a budget. So, it is possible that your preferred water cooler comes at a price that is higher than your budget. There’s nothing you can do about.
You’ll only need to pick one from the ones whose prices are within your budget. You could also consider a used one that is in a perfect condition. This should cost less than new ones.
Precautions to take
Many water dispensers come with warranties but they can be voided with any of the actions below.
Using hard water for your water cooler: Hard water contains some compounds that may reduce the performance of your water dispenser. Build up of scum can reduce the energy efficiency of your water dispenser, making it consume more energy than necessary.
Fixing accessories that are not approved: The manufacturer of your dispenser will give you the approved accessories for their dispenser.
If for any reason, you plan to use an accessory that is not listed in the manual, it is necessary to ask them first. If they find any non-approved accessory in your unit, its warranty may be withdrawn.
When you don’t follow cleaning instructions: Manufacturers often give cleaning instructions in their manuals but many users often ignore this instruction. You need to understand that there is no single method to clean every model of water dispenser. For instance, not all drip trays are dishwasher safe.
Don’t assume that. If it is not stated anywhere that a particular accessory is dishwasher safe, it’s probably not. Using a wrong cleaning method could cost you the warranty on your dispenser.
Adjusting the water temperature from the back: The manufacturer of your product has already given the best setting for optimal output. In the bid to raise the temperature of the water dispensed by their dispenser, some people adjust the temperature from the back of the unit.
This may work for a while but it will shorten the lifespan of your unit as the technique usually overworks it beyond its limit. It could lead to the avoidance of your warranty.
Now, you have seen the qualities to look for in choosing the best bottom load water cooler. So, making a good choice should be easier for you. You can even make it further easier by choosing among the ones listed above. They have been tried and they are now trusted. They are the best in the market for now.