It’s believable that water coolers can be difficult to clean due to the complexity of their designs and functions. And, this could warrant buyers probing the home appliance, Is there a single method of cleaning all water coolers irrespective of the designs and shapes?
The basic answer to this question is that although they might look compact and desirable, yet principles have to be put into considerations, why? So that none of the components and compartments would be wrongfully tampered with.
In fact, another major reason that you have to learn how to clean a water cooler as an expert is because you’d be able to live a healthy life. You might even want to ask, how possible is it for my water cooler to become contaminated even with the use of a filter?
Of course, it’s very possible for the interior part of your unit to become unclean. Germs can penetrate into your drink water through the coupon bottle, dust, water source, and the reservoir itself.
Although some persons believe that because the water tastes plastic, so it’s compulsory to change the reservoir which is rarely not true. Do you even know that the compressor of water coolers are not designated to be washed?
However, there are ways that you can treat your water and the unit if you’re using them for the very first time. Also, there are ways to treat both the unit after several periods of use.
The plastic or metallic odor you perceive in the very first time of use is temporal. You can get rid of it by dispensing at least five full glasses of water before drinking the water.
In a nutshell, we’re trying to draw the curtain by informing you that all water cooling units can be cleaned regardless of where they are mounted and their types.
8 Things to Consider About ‘How to Clean a Water Cooler:
- Put on your hand gloves and wear a water-proof apron.
- Get an empty bucket that’s mid-filled with clean, warm water.
- Get a sponge and an unscented bleach at a close-by range.
- Also, make available a small container like a ladle which you can use to scoop waters.
- Disconnect the coupon bottle or the inline from the water source.
- Unplug the unit from the power outlet.
- Move (If it’s movable) the unit to an area where you don’t care it becomes wet.
- Read the manual to know what you’ll be needing apart from these that you’ve already made available.
2. Use Manual Instructions as Safeguards
Provided you’re a newbie, you’d need the instruction that’s made available by the manufacturer in the manual.
The instruction would safeguard you in cleaning the unit. But why is it paramount? This is because products are made of different materials.
Of course, the material that a unit is made of is very important while cleaning it. A good example is a unit that is made of sleek stainless steel, it’s very easy to clean such unit with bleach than those that don’t.
Inclusion, it might even be fair for you to use your instinct in cleaning the exterior but it’s not all the interiors that you clean the same way.
3. Remove the detachable Components
The components that are mostly found removable are the drip trays, non-spill cap, baffle, coupon bottle, and sometimes the reservoir. However, reservoirs that you’d find irremovable are those made of stainless steel while those made of plastic are mostly found removable.
Therefore, you can remove them and probably wash them with unscented cleaning agent especially the coupon bottle and the reservoir, why? This is because you might perceive the scent of the soap even after washing.
Nevertheless, the essential part is that you remove and scour the dirt in them off with soap and sponge. Then, when you’re done, you can reposition them back to where you removed them from.
4. Clean the Exterior
Before you return the detached components back to where you took them from. You’d have to clean the whole exterior. These are tips to consider before and while cleaning it:
- Draw the bucket that’s mid-filled with clean warm water.
- You can choose to add either vinegar or bleach to the warm water. But make sure that the scent of the either two is relinquished into the water.
- Grab a soft sponge and immerse it in the warm water then stir up the water.
- Remove the sponge and squeeze it so as to make the water drain off and the sponge damp.
- Gently use it to wipe off the empirical surfaces on the units.
- Once the quantity of the water seems drained, you can immerse it inside the warm water again and squeeze it until no water is seeping or dripping from the sponge. Repeat it over and over until you’re done cleaning the whole part.
5. How to Clean the Cold Compartment
Provided the reservoir is irremovable, then what you’d do is to pour in the warm water that is mixed with soap. Then, suspend the sponge in your hand and launch out for a long brush. This would help you to easily clean the compartment even to the depth.
Afterwards, make sure that you clean it even to the very depth. And when you’re done, drain the water from the spigot that’s designed for dispensing cold water.
Rinse it properly well afterwards, and wait for five minutes, at least, before you mount or connect it to the washed water bottle.
6. How to Clean the Hot Compartment
For hot water cooling systems, you are not to use bleach or detergent in cleaning them. However, the acceptable way to do this is by warming your water and then pouring it inside the reservoir. Once that’s done, you can scrub the inside by using the long brush.
Then, drain the warm water by pushing the button that connects the spigot to the hot compartment. You can rinse it either twice or thrice depending on your preference.
7. Re-assembling of the Unit
Assemble the unit together by positioning the detached components to where they belong. But that’s after you had waited for a while before the unit become drained.
And immediately you’re done positioning them, you can clean the whole unit once again with a clean, dry cloth.
8. Begin the Use
You can check if the buttons are all functioning well. Dispense some glasses of water from the unit after you had washed the unit.
Don’t drink the first 5 glasses of water that you dispense after washing it. Once all that is done, you can enjoy drinking the hygienic water.
This article provided you with tips on how to clean a water cooler as an expert. It covers all types of water cooling units. This article can be used for hot systems and cool system.
This is what you need to keep your unit hygienic and functional for a very long period of time. The writer made the write comprehensible even though it’s comprehensive. Every detail provided re reliable and resourceful.